Friday, January 18, 2008

Updates

Been a long time since i last updated. Let me see... the last time i updated was... last year.

That is a dreadfully long time, and many things has passed since then. A new year has dawned, gatherings have come and gone, work has started and finished, new job assignments and challenges have been taken on for the new year, records have been broken, a new semester has commenced, people has been treading on my toes.

There are in fact, too many things for me to blog about, and as i stare at the computer screen right now, the things come to me in a swirl, fast, but unable to pick up any tangible form. I shall refrain from blogging about past events with my diminishing memory of things, which will prove to distort the events, moreover, they passed so long ago, that it is no point recalling these memories from their hidden places in my mind. Well, food must be served when piping hot, and there is absolutely no point in eating some cold dishes.

I digress. Basically, I realised that events will all pass, what is important is the part that is left in you. To many, a gathering is just a gathering; to some, it is a time of reminiscing about the times shared; to others, it may be a realization of the inadequacies of interpersonal communication, and how you want to be a better friend to others. Every road, is just a path, but the lessons behind it are the ones that makes the path a worthwhile walk.

Blogging is, in fact, a very good from of reflection, which is why i did not blog for so long, i rarely have the luxury of sitting down and reflecting, with so many thoughts swirling wildly in my head, and disturbing any inner peace. I do not want to do injustice by blogging mindlessly.

Oh, yet i am now, blogging with a limited time and a half-clear mind. Oh well, humans are such complex and contradictory creatures sometimes.

2 comments:

Chong Wenhoo said...

每一条路 都是一种领悟...

Anonymous said...

oh i love the way u write it!
so apt
the part abt the roads reminds me of dark tower haha
-winston